Table for One

I eat out. A lot. Alone, mostly...mostly. There are three human requirements: sleeping, shitting, and eating. Eating is, by far, the most conducive to thinking, especially if you eat alone a lot. This is my place to share some of those ponderings, observations, and revelations that happen over a table for one.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sea Bass in a White Seafood Sauce

Hi Everybody,
I eat out. A lot. Alone, mostly...mostly. There are three human requirements: sleeping, shitting, and eating. Eating is, by far, the most conducive to thinking, especially if you eat alone a lot. This is my place to share some of those ponderings, observations, and revelations that happen over a table for one. Consider yourself my table guest; I am glad to have you.
I am a simple 21st century gal. Twenty-eight, single, and fiercely independent, which is why I have the courage to walk into a restaurant and eat a five course meal, alone. My thoughts are filled with simple 28-year-old concerns. Marriage, children, a career, a mortgage, good sex (or lack of all those), friendships and, of course, good food. Tonight's menu consisted of sea bass in a white seafood sauce with a side of steamed broccoli and mushrooms and the question of why anyone would want to put "Macarena" to strings and a drum machine, sans vocals. But more importantly, what kind of a restaurant manager says, "Hey, we should have this song on our dining room rotation!" And though this is not exactly my deepest concern at the moment, it is a query I would enjoy satisfying. But tonight, my thoughts revolve around this blog.
You see, dear reader, I am a virgin blogger. But I am a writer. I guess you can equate that to a virgin who gives good head...except, in literary terms. How does one begin a blog? What does a first entry consist of? Intentionally, I did no research on this...what virgin really does? When it happens, it happens, right?
So, thank you for being my first...I hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading.
~C. Huff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home