Table for One

I eat out. A lot. Alone, mostly...mostly. There are three human requirements: sleeping, shitting, and eating. Eating is, by far, the most conducive to thinking, especially if you eat alone a lot. This is my place to share some of those ponderings, observations, and revelations that happen over a table for one.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pork and Potatoes

Hi Everybody,
Is it possible that people eat more when they are happy? I thought people were supposed to eat when they were depressed. In any case, any intention to diet went out the window with a few little words. You see, after dragging myself through yesterday with a pessimistic cloud over my head, I awoke to the sweet nothings a particular hot Italiano had instant messaged. Now I don't know if you know this, but the sweet nothings of an Italian hunk are much more sexier than any other sweet nothings. What he said isn't as important as the butterflies that have taken up a seemingly permanent residence in my belly.
So, today, I marvel at the power of words. Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" put it very well..."words like violence." Words can be violent. They can also be seductive, or enchanting, or frightening. I guess that is why I like words so much...they are capable of inciting every human emotion possible. They are the ultimate acrobats, chameleons, and shape shifters. Words can hurt, and words can heal. Words can say so much, as can their absence. They can blind and enlighten. I guess that what I am saying, is that I have a deep reverence for words.
A couple of weeks ago, I drank and e-mailed. My words didn't come out right...or perhaps, I should say, the wine gave me the courage to say words I otherwise would not have. Since then, I swore to stop drinking and e-mailing. I've made good on my promise, but I feel a bit like Bukowski...his best writing was done drunk. I feel stupid even as I sit here in my flourescent-lit office writing this...It lacks passion...it it pointless...and I hate this blog...And what the hell does this have to do with butterflies?
Thanks for reading.
~C. Huff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home